iFly GPS Forum

Please Login or Register to enable full access to viewing & posting

HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsiFly GPS for iP...iFly GPS for iP...What to buyWhat to buy
Previous

Next
New Post
3/24/2020 12:15 PM

I believe that I need to purchase the wing mounted ADSB out. But what to buy for an ADSB in? I have a Ipad I wish to mount on the control wheel. I really do not want a bunch of instruments on the Glare Shield, But I may have to. Does anyone have a good solution. I have looked at the Stratus, but from what i read on the Forum I am not sure that is my best way. Any suggestions would be valued.

Thanks

Dave

New Post
3/24/2020 6:17 PM

I have a Statux unit that I mounted under the instrument panel in the C182. I ran coax to an antenna (transponder) mounted on a belly inspection plate. I use the one antenna to feed both receivers in the Stratux. It works great, nothing on the glare shield. I won't receive directly from overhead aircraft, will get them from ATC ...

New Post
3/24/2020 8:03 PM

What is wrong with the Stratus?

What kind of plane do you have?  Maybe a Stratux could be mounted in the back or on a side window. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsiFly GPS for iP...iFly GPS for iP...What to buyWhat to buy