Extreme Sunlight Readable Moving Map GPS, Dual-Band ADS-B Transceiver.
Struggling to see complex and confusing In-Air Weather and Traffic can be a thing of the past for pilots with the new iFly 740b GPS / echoUAT ADS-B bundle presented by Adventure Pilot and uAvionix, two industry leaders of high-value and simple-to-use aviation devices. Pilots may choose from an iFly 740b and echoUAT with skyFYX GPS source for $1898.00 or without the Certified GPS source for $1,598.00, including free shipping.
The iFly 740b and echoUAT Transceiver Bundle allows pilots to eliminate the guess work with full ADS-B Weather and Traffic on a dedicated and extremely sunlight readable aviation GPS, the iFly 740.
The iFly 740b GPS boasts one of the brightest touchscreens on the market and the highest compatibility rates by supporting many of the ADS-B devices. All this on a market where a multitude of portable ADS-B devices are limited to a specific App or brand GPS.
(Note: Any returns on either the echoUAT Transceiver or the iFly 740 will result in the loss of the Bundle discount, since the bundle requirements would no longer be applicable.)
The All New iFly 740b
The iFly 740b Continues to Outshine the Competition! The brightest sunny day and clear bubble canopies are no match for the new iFly 740b. Perfect for those extra bright cockpits with 1100 nits of brightness to power through the sun's challenges. Never has there been such advanced hardware at such a great price. This sunlight-readable GPS won’t break the bank or your eyes!
The iFly 740b now packs an internal circuit protected Li-Po battery to provide up to 30 minutes of internal backup power. Use the internal battery to perform a quick update via Wi-Fi, Check the Weather or File your Flight Plan prior to flight time. The iFly 740b is unplugged!
Fast Updates and Filing from Almost Anywhere! With the iFly 740b's powerful built-in Wi-Fi capability, you can connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot and enjoy fast and easy automated data updates and Nexrad Weather. Use the new Online Flight Filing feature through Lockheed Martin Flight Services. Plan, File, Activate and Close right from the 740b.
- User Interface is designed the way you think, very easy to figure out
- Buttons fade away when not in use, maximizing map visibility
- Plug & fly (just plug in the unit and it will go straight to the map, ready to begin your flight)
- Big buttons throughout, making it easy to use even in the bumpy flights
- Zoom levels from 2 to 100 NM per inch
- Clear warnings if any sectionals are expired
- Touch-n-drag scrolling
- Single-touch to zoom in/out
- Single-touch to re-center & track current location
- Single-touch to switch which sectional is being displayed
- Includes all STAR, Approach and Departure Charts
- Includes georeferenced airport taxi diagrams
- "History" button allows toggling between the maps and recently viewed plates
- Touch-sensitive panning and zooming
- Easy to update charts through the website
- One-touch "Direct-to" flight planning
- Supports multi-leg flight plans
- Rubber-band route line modifications (just touch & drag a route line to make a change, such as bending it around an airspace)
- Save/Load/Reverse flight plans
- Flight plan automatically saved/restored between power cycles. So you can plan your flight at home, turn off the device, take it to your plane, plug it in, and your flight plan and map is all ready-to-go
- Bright magenta route lines
- Ability to search for airports by code, airport name, or city name
ADS-B Weather and Traffic
- ADS-B Weather and Traffic Compatibility with 3rd party receivers such as uAvionix, iLevil, Dual, NavWorx, Clarity, Stratux and more.
- Live NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft and PIREPS without reoccurring monthly fees or apps
Detailed Airport Information
- Search for nearby airports
- Attendance schedule
- Common, ATC, and other communication frequencies
- Runway(s) type, condition, lighting, gradient, markings, etc
- Traffic patterns
- Available IFR equipment
- Any additional FAA remarks
Unprecedented Spatial Awareness
- Show your position on an actual FAA published sectional map
- Sectional map images are digitally enhanced for maximum contrast & visibility
- Pre-loaded with every sectional, including Alaska and Hawaii
- Pre-loaded with the IFR Low-enroute charts for the lower 48 states
- Pre-loaded with all the approach, departure, and STAR plates for all 50 states
- Pre-loaded with all the FAA published airport diagrams
- Single-touch to change which sectional map is being displayed
- When zoomed out, important airspaces are highlighted
- Touch a map to quickly see the distance & bearing from current location
- "Find Nearest" option to quickly find nearby airports, ASOS/AWOS freqs, navaids, etc.
- Sectionals maps include all "border" information, nothing is hidden. It's just like having an actual sectional map.
- Ability to show distance-radials around your current location
- FAA published TFRs can be seen on the maps
Simple Data Updates
- With a low cost annual subscription get unlimited easy updates from any internet connected computer
- Always have the latest sectionals, FAA airport databases, TFRs, sectional maps, and charts
- Ability to quick-update latest TFR data just prior to your flight
- Download the application updates to always have the latest new features
- Use your own inexpensive USB Flash Drive
- External Dimensions: 7 1/4" X 4 1/2" X 3/4"
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Screen Size: 7-inch Extreme Sunlight Readable LCD
- Screen Brightness: 1100 nits
- Emergency Battery: Built-in
- Current Draw: 600ma @ 12V DC
- GPS Antenna: Internal, WAAS Capable
- Warranty: 1 Year
UAT ADS-B Transceiver for Light Sport and Experimental Aircraft
The echoUAT is a remotely mounted ADS-B transceiver. It incorporates a dual-link (1090 MHz and 978 MHz) receiver and 978 MHz UAT Class B1S transmitter. EchoUAT features a direct wired communication for use with popular EFIS from Dynon, GRT and MGL Avionics. An integrated Wi-Fi access point also supports many popular EFB applications on iOS and Android.
EchoUAT is designed to use the aircraft’s existing altitude encoder and ADS-B compliant GPS position source. The uAvionix SkyFYX GPS can be used in the event your EFIS manufacturer does not supply one.
A zero-install, internal wireless monitor decodes replies from legacy Mode C transponders for maximum retrofit capability.
The Echo UAT is designed to meet the performance requirements of TSO-C154c, and is compliant with FAR 91.227 for operation in the National Airspace System.
UAT Transmitter. Meets the performance requirements of TSO-154c Class B1S.
Dual-Link ADS-B receiver. Receives legacy 1090MHz ADS-B traffic and UAT traffic and uplink data. Meets the MOPs of DO-260B and DO-282B.
Integrated Wi-Fi to transmit In-flight weather, NEXRAD radar, METARs, TAFs, TFRs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and NOTAMS to EFB applications.
Traffic information from both UAT and 1090ES provide a view of nearby aircraft
Setup Interface Options
- EFIS (Dynon, MGL, GRT, AFS)
- iOS/Android (Wi-Fi)
Mode, Squawk, Altitude. Ident
- EFIS (Dynon, MGL, GRT, AFS)
- Direct Sandia, Garmin)
- Transponder Reply Monitor
- External GPS (NEMA, ADS-B+)
Traffic and UAT FIS-B (Weather) services
- iOS/Android (Wi-Fi GDL 90, including Foreflight, FlyQ, iFly and many more)
- EFIS EFIS (Dynon, MGL, GRT)
SMA Antenna Connector
US Patents Pending