The experimental tailBeacons are currently on backorder. Contact Us with any questions.
This new product from uAvionix, the tailBeacon, is a 2020 compliant, near zero-install, Class B1S ADS-B UAT transmitter and WAAS GPS integrated into replacement tail-beacon light. The power transcoder decodes replies from legacy Mode C and Mode S transponders.
Smart phone configurable over WiFi.
This product is approved for use by the FAA in Experimental and Light Sport aircraft. TSO for certified aircraft coming soon!
- Meets the performance requirements of TSO-154c Class B1S. RTCA DO-282B Class B1S
- Meets performance requirements of TSO-C30c Type III
- Integrated RAIM processor for Security and Integrity protection
- SBAS corrections and health messages used to detect and correct satellite range errors
- Satellite pseudo range step errors detected and excluded
- SBAS fast and long-term corrections applied
- Decodes altitude and squawk via aircraft electrical system
- Pending certification via approved model list (AML) for STC'd installation on hundreds of aircraft makes and models Patents Pending
Download the tailbeacon User Manual