Last night my phone pinged me and said I had an app update available for iFly. Hot Dang - Christmas came early! I downloaded, installed and started playing around. The 'What's New' tab showed these below plus more. Comments below by feature:
1. Current airport NOTAMs - a NOTAMs button right in the airport quick view box Airport Info button - GREAT!
2. FSS and ATC comms - now included in the Comms section. Just touch the CTAF/TER/AWOS/ASOS tabs in the airport popup box. - FANTASTIC!
3. Changed the icon for the Rwy/Wind suggestions. Funny how a small visual change makes things quicker to process - GOOD JOB on this detail.
4. Real Plan Beta - Only tried one fairly simple one-leg trip with some airspace and SUA constraints. It did just about exactly what I whould have done. Not enough difference to change the suggested route. (Back in the Dark Ages I coded some optimization programs in another business sector. The iFly coders who took on this programming task have my utmost respect and sympathy! - I'm hoping your tools are much more advanced than my were.) Keep up the good work!
5. Support for importing flight plans from AOPA, SkyVector and others - Have I been waiting for this one! I use the AOPA Planner on my desktop for flight planning. An easy import method would be very welcome. I looked everywhere and could not find a path to import. So my one question: Where and How? I guess that's two questions.
Thanks to the iFly Team for all the great updates.
Merry Christmas to Everyone,