The iFly 740b Continues to Outshine the Competition! The brightest sunny day and clear bubble canopies are no match for the new iFly 740b. Perfect for those extra bright cockpits with 1100 nits of brightness to power through the sun's challenges. Never has there been such advanced hardware at such a great price. This sunlight-readable GPS won’t break the bank or your eyes!
The iFly 740b now packs an internal circuit protected Li-Po battery to provide up to 30 minutes of internal backup power. Use the internal battery to perform a quick update via Wi-Fi, Check the Weather or File your Flight Plan prior to flight time. The iFly 740b is unplugged!
Fast Updates and Filing from Almost Anywhere! With the iFly 740b's powerful built-in Wi-Fi capability, you can connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot and enjoy fast and easy automated data updates and Nexrad Weather. Use the new Online Flight Filing feature through Lockheed Martin Flight Services. Plan, File, Activate and Close right from the 740b.
- User Interface is designed the way you think, very easy to figure out
- Buttons fade away when not in use, maximizing map visibility
- Plug & fly (just plug in the unit and it will go straight to the map, ready to begin your flight)
- Big buttons throughout, making it easy to use even in the bumpy flights
- Zoom levels from 2 to 100 NM per inch
- Clear warnings if any sectionals are expired
- Touch-n-drag scrolling
- Single-touch to zoom in/out
- Single-touch to re-center & track current location
- Single-touch to switch which sectional is being displayed
- Includes all STAR, Approach and Departure Charts
- Includes georeferenced airport taxi diagrams
- "History" button allows toggling between the maps and recently viewed plates
- Touch-sensitive panning and zooming
- Easy to update charts through the website
- One-touch "Direct-to" flight planning
- Supports multi-leg flight plans
- Rubber-band route line modifications (just touch & drag a route line to make a change, such as bending it around an airspace)
- Save/Load/Reverse flight plans
- Flight plan automatically saved/restored between power cycles. So you can plan your flight at home, turn off the device, take it to your plane, plug it in, and your flight plan and map is all ready-to-go
- Bright magenta route lines
- Ability to search for airports by code, airport name, or city name
ADS-B Weather and Traffic
- ADS-B Weather and Traffic Compatibility with 3rd party receivers such as uAvionix, iLevil, Dual, NavWorx, Clarity, Stratux and more.
- Live NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft and PIREPS without reoccurring monthly fees or apps
Detailed Airport Information
- Search for nearby airports
- Attendance schedule
- Common, ATC, and other communication frequencies
- Runway(s) type, condition, lighting, gradient, markings, etc
- Traffic patterns
- Available IFR equipment
- Any additional FAA remarks
Unprecedented Spatial Awareness
- Show your position on an actual FAA published sectional map
- Sectional map images are digitally enhanced for maximum contrast & visibility
- Pre-loaded with every sectional, including Alaska and Hawaii
- Pre-loaded with the IFR Low-enroute charts for the lower 48 states
- Pre-loaded with all the approach, departure, and STAR plates for all 50 states
- Pre-loaded with all the FAA published airport diagrams
- Single-touch to change which sectional map is being displayed
- When zoomed out, important airspaces are highlighted
- Touch a map to quickly see the distance & bearing from current location
- "Find Nearest" option to quickly find nearby airports, ASOS/AWOS freqs, navaids, etc.
- Sectionals maps include all "border" information, nothing is hidden. It's just like having an actual sectional map.
- Ability to show distance-radials around your current location
- FAA published TFRs can be seen on the maps
Simple Data Updates
- With a low cost annual subscription get unlimited easy updates from any internet connected computer
- Always have the latest sectionals, FAA airport databases, TFRs, sectional maps, and charts
- Ability to quick-update latest TFR data just prior to your flight
- Download the application updates to always have the latest new features
- Use your own inexpensive USB Flash Drive
- External Dimensions: 7 1/4" X 4 1/2" X 3/4"
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Screen Size: 7-inch Extreme Sunlight Readable LCD
- Screen Brightness: 1100 nits
- Emergency Battery: Built-in
- Current Draw: 1000ma @ 12V DC
- GPS Antenna: Internal, WAAS Capable
- Warranty: 1 Year